Network modelling program – “LOOP” is a DOS based program, which do not runs by itself in Window 7. To run DOS program in Window 7, we need a DOS Emulator. An open source DOS emulator is DOSBOX which can be downloaded free from www.dosbox.com. Step by Step procedure for running “LOOP” in window 7 is as below;
- Download the emulator DOSBOX and install it in directory c:\dosbox.
- We have LOOP program installed in directory C:\loop.
- Run the DOSBOX program
- At prompt of DOSBOX program (Z:\>), mount your loop folder as follows;
- Z:\>MOUNT C C:\LOOP
- Drive C mounted as local directory C:\LOOP\
- After this done, we will be prompted with a Z:\>
- Navigate to newly mounted drive as follows;
- Now we are ready to run the LOOP program
For detailed instruction, you can refer to DOSBOX documentation. LOOP program is available on our “freebies” Page.